smiles&hugs from a scrap happy girl!

September 29, 2011

Gypsy Won't Power On :(

Hi all,
 I recently had a moment of PANIC regarding my very FAVORITE crafting buddy EVER my Gypsy!  I sent my DESPERATE plea to Provocraft:
Device will not power on the screen is black but the indicator light is blue. The device was charged over night and there was absolutely no change. Holding down the power button for a very long time has no change on the status. Please advise I am DEVOTED to my gypsy and can't imagine creating without it.
Their SAME DAY reply:
Hello Raechel,


Thank you for emailing Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear about the issues that you have been having with your Gypsy. There is an easy way to reset your Gypsy.  Simply remove the black end of your stylus.  The black end has a small tip that can then be inserted into the small hole in the back of your Gypsy.  This will reset your Gypsy.

We would like to recommend doing a hard reset for your Gypsy. You can do this with the Gypsy off press and hold the top left silver button, silver circle on the right, and then the power key. (should get the rainbow screen). It will then switch to the load screen followed by the main menu screen.

If that does not fix your issue then would we would like to recommend that you call the number below where a representative will be happy to troubleshoot with you further.

Have a wonderful day!

Customer Support Email
Customer Support
Provo Craft | 10876 River Front Pkwy, Suite #600, South Jordan, UT 84095
Cricut® support: 1-877-727-4288| Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST | fax: 801-794-9001 | support@provocraft.com



We would also like to take this time to remind you to register your products at



The END RESULT?????  This fixed my problem :) YAY!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope this helps anyone who has similar problems.


{{HUGS}}~Raechel

12 comments:

girlia said...

Glad to hear your crafting partner was fixed. Yayyy

Missy said...

Glad to hear you got your gypsy fixed Raechel.....I'm so used to my gypsy I feel like I don't know how to run my Cricut without it!! :) (Really, I really can't run my E2 without it!!! :) )

{Raechel} said...

WOW I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one who can't seem to craft with out my Gypsy...I looked at my cricut buttons and just felt sad :( I REALLY LOVE my Gypsy! LOL!

Raquel SK said...

I'm so happy to read this! I must admit I was holding my breath hoping it would be a happy post. It's great to hear you resolved the issue! I use my Gypsy every time I craft, and can't imagine using the Cricut without it!-Raquel @ Raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

This was like a happy ending after watching a chick flick. I love that you got your gypsy working. I don't leave home without it.
DIANA L.

Kellyz Krafting Again said...

This really helped me a lot! I thought my poor G was broken or sick :(

SandeeNC said...

Glad that fixed it! ""whew""..right? Thank you for stopping over at my blog, you asked me about the velvet cloud paper and I have no good answers for you I'm afraid :( It has no name on the backside and the place i did get it from is a scrapbook clearnace center and I bought all they had of it, and that was like 5 years ago. I am soooooooooo sorry I cannot be more helpful :(

Tara said...

I wish I was as lucky.
I had the blank screen/blue light about a month ago.... I let it sit for a few hours, turned it back on, everything was fine..

Got the light/screen combo again on Friday, and as of this morning, it still won't fully come on, and the two button/power button thing won't work for me.

I've also had trouble when I synch it to the computer. I have at least 40 carts loaded on it, and COUNTLESS projects saved.. I'm terrified it's all GONE.... and probably not covered under the warranty anymore, as I've had it way longer than a year.
I am just sick.

I'm going to keep trying with it, caressing it, talking nice, pleading... anything. i cannot craft without it, and I am struggling!!!!
If you have any other options for me, PLEASE help!!! I am desperate!

Trina said...

I am so glad it worked out for you. I am not as lucky, warranty expired. So 43 carts later, I can not sync them to Cricut Craft Room, and am out of luck

Tina said...

Thank you so much for your blog and post regarding your gypsy trouble. I had a similar PANIC moment and you helped me!! Tina

Anonymous said...

your full of it. they never reply same day except to tell you they received your email and will get back to you in 72 hrs. Nice try. You must be a gook that works for PC.

Unknown said...

I have tried both of these and it still wont power on :( I just get the blue light!!! Can anyone help me?